2021-2022 Performance Objectives
The superintendent will utilize the Long-Range Plan to develop action steps with administration. These action steps will be used to develop building level action steps and ultimately be used for teacher development of individual professional development plans. The focus for this year will be to introduce all staff to this process and develop a clear understanding of how the district, building, and individual focal points work together for continuous improvement. (District Goal #1)
The superintendent will provide instructional leadership in the area of data analysis for administration and faculty by establishing procedures for entering and evaluating assessment data. This will include administration providing reports to staff on the results of assessments and adjusting instruction based on those reports. Reports will be provided to the superintendent on the data for each building including strengths and areas of need. (District Goal #7)
Human Resources Management
The superintendent will work with central office administration to analyze and improve the induction program to ensure that staff have comprehensive trainings in all areas of need and that support for new teachers is a multiple year process. This plan should ensure newly hired staff know their obligations to retain certification. (District Goal #9)
2020-2021 Performance Objectives
- The superintendent works collaboratively with stakeholders to develop a clear vision and mission for the school district as well as a long-range (5-10 year) plan. This plan will be utilized as the plan submitted to PDE.
2. The superintendent will provide instructional leadership in the area of assessment for grades K-8. This will include identifying benchmark and diagnostic assessments that will be utilized for students in these grade levels. In addition, procedures will be established as well as improvement in the data analysis of these assessments.
3. The superintendent will establish administrative procedures related to communication with the public. This includes procedures for the use of social media, procedures for keeping the website updated, and procedures to ensure timely communication of information.
2019-2020 Performance Objectives
1. During the 2019-2020 school year, the District Superintendent will meet with stakeholders including Board members, administrators, teachers, parents, and community members to identify and report to the Board feedback from the stakeholders on the strengths and areas needing improvement. Subject to the Board's approval, this information will serve as a foundation for the establishment of the long-term goals for the District in the areas including but not limited to curriculum and instruction, climate and culture, communication, organizational structure, and technology.
2. The District Superintendent will evaluate the District's policies, procedures, and facilities to assess the District's safety readiness and present a report to the Board by June 30, 2020. Subject to the Board's approval and funding, action consistent with the report's findings shall be taken to enhance the safety of all students and staff of the District.
3. The District Superintendent will prepare and present a balanced budget to the Board for approval by June 30 of each school year.