We are pleased to let our families know that the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) extended their meal program through the 2020-2021 school year. This extension allows schools to serve meals (one breakfast and/or one lunch per day) to all students at no charge. In the Northern Lebanon School District, this free meals program will be retroactive to the first day of school. You will see the credit in your child’s lunch account if they purchased a meal that qualified with the USDA National School Lunch program for reimbursement. Please visit our District Food Services website for questions regarding what qualifies as a reimbursable free meal.
Daily Meals Program on Site (breakfast and/or lunch)
1. All NLSD students may pick up one breakfast and/or one lunch per day in their buildings during normal breakfast and lunch times.
2. Child Identification (PIN or student name) will be used for the sole purpose of reporting program participation to the USDA. Student accounts will not be charged unless the student purchases à la carte items or receives more than one breakfast and/or lunch per day.
Weekly Meals Package – We are pleased to continue the meal package pickups two times a week on Tuesdays and Fridays. Families will receive three days worth of food on the Tuesday's distribution date and four days worth of food on the Friday's distribution date. Please remember to complete the weekly order form for all Tuesday distribution dates by the previous Monday, by 1:00 PM and for all Friday distribution dates by the previous Thursday, by 1:00 PM.
1. All students enrolled in the NLSD Virtual or the NLSD V3 Program are eligible to receive free meals by completing the weekly order form.
2. In addition, all other children in the community ages 18 and younger, regardless of whether they are enrolled in NLSD, who have not already received meals under the daily or weekly meals options listed above, or at another SSO site, are eligible to receive the free meals at the meals pickup on both distribution dates on Tuesdays and Fridays. Parents/Guardians must pre-order the week’s meals by submitting the weekly order form by the day before each distribution date by 1:00 PM. Non-NLSD students must be present at pickup to receive the meal package. Non-NLSD students should enter “NA” on the form for the student’s school ID number.
3. Child Identification (PIN or student name) will be used for the sole purpose of reporting program participation to the USDA. Student accounts will not be charged (unless they have already received meals under the Daily Meals Program).
Please complete the order form by Monday, May 17th by 1:00 PM to ensure a meals package is available for your child(ren) for the following pick up date. The food packages will be available for drive through pickup from 1:30 PM-2:00 PM at the high school loading dock area.