We are pleased to let our families know that the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) extended their meal program through December 31, 2020. This extension allows schools to serve meals (one breakfast and/or one lunch per day) to all students at no charge. In the Northern Lebanon School District, this free meals program will be retroactive to the first day of school. You will see the credit in your child’s lunch account if they purchased a meal that qualified with the USDA National School Lunch program for reimbursement. Please visit our District Food Services website for questions regarding what qualifies as reimbursable free meal.
Daily Meals Program on Site (breakfast and/or lunch)
1. All NLSD students may pick up one breakfast and/or one lunch per day in their buildings during normal breakfast and lunch times.
2. Child Identification (PIN or student name) will be used for the sole purpose of reporting program participation to the USDA. Student accounts will not be charged unless the student purchases à la carte items or receives more than one breakfast and/or lunch per day.
Weekly Meals Package – The weekly meals package will be distributed on Monday of each week. Please complete the weekly order form by the Friday prior for Monday's meals package pick up.
Each package contains one breakfast and one lunch for each day that the student is not scheduled to be on site that week, up to a total of 5 breakfasts and 5 lunches.
1. All students enrolled in the NLSD Virtual or the NLSD V3 Program are eligible to receive free meals by completing the weekly order form before 1 PM on Friday.
2. In addition, all other children in the community ages 18 and younger, regardless of whether they are enrolled in NLSD, who have not already received meals under the daily or weekly meals options listed above, or at another SSO site, are eligible to receive a week’s worth of free meals at the meals pickup on Monday. Parents/Guardians must pre-order the week’s meals by submitting the weekly order form before 1 PM on Friday. Non-NLSD students must be present at pickup to receive the meal package. Non-NLSD students should enter “NA” on the form for the student’s school ID number.
3. Child Identification (PIN or student name) will be used for the sole purpose of reporting program participation to the USDA. Student accounts will not be charged (unless they have already received meals under the Daily Meals Program).
Please complete the order form by Friday of each week to ensure a meals package is available for your child(ren) for the next Monday. The food packages will be available for drive through pickup from 1:30 PM-2:00 PM at the high school loading dock area.